Friday, October 14, 2005

Same ol’ Boring Days

“Here I stand alone,
With this weight upon my heart,
And it will not go away”


These are the starting lines from an amazing song titled What If by Kate Winslet. Can’t believe that she can sing? Go ahead and hear it and you’ll realize that she can sing more beautifully than she can look :)

Anyways, coming back to relevant space of the real domain – it seems that these lines have been written exactly for someone like me. Someone who has lead a reasonably hectic life in his college days and now stranded for a time period that seems like eternity in a place like Kota :(. It feels like that while traveling at the speed of light, some mischievous force has put the brakes resulting in a loss of control. And I find myself sinking in an abyss of emptiness, yet full of moisture that’s rusting my soul from deep inside.

Destiny has its evil ways to transform situations in such a way that you can’t help being an audience. As things slip from your hands, any effort to hold them together becomes an impossible task. Though I can’t even imagine the state of people who got stuck in Mumbai due to the catastrophic rains in July, all I can say that I too was thoroughly victimized by them. Scheduled to join my job in early September, I got stranded for a good two months more. That made it a break of three and half months between the completion of my studies and my job.

And now if that seems something wonderful to you then let me describe you my daily itinerary. All it has is sleep, more sleep, some more sleep………well tough to sleep for more than 12 hours so I try to squeeze some reading, surfing, cooking (giving some tough time to people around), phone calls (before the monstrous bills arrives, I’ll be away), gyming (no weight reduction as of now) and of course blogging :D. The same day has been repeating itself since last three months with slight variations, excluding the ten blissful days I spent in Mumbai during convocation. And what adds more to my misery is the fact that I’ve no friends around to hang out with. Anyways, where the hell can you actually hang out in a place like Kota.

So till the time I actually fly to the Land of Rising Sun, you can catch some more cribbing write-ups from a person who at the moment is too much pissed with life. The only solace for this poor soul is mummy made grub which I’m really gonna miss for a long long time to come.

I guess enough of this painful story. Hopefully will be back with something interesting, soon. Till then, Adios Amigos !

--Gaurav

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It gives me great pleasure to be the first person to leave a comment on your blog!
That's all...
Ashish! :)

5:12 AM  
Blogger Gaurav Porwal said...

Thank you. I'm obliged dear.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home